Thursday 12 February 2009

Recycling Old Clothes






I have recently been involved in a poject with oxfam,which involves breathing new life into old outfits that have been donated to oxfam. Through the oxfam shop on oxford road Manchester I am selling one-off bags made from the unusableor unsold donations. Through the project I have discovered that the uk alone throws away 900,000 items of clothing,which means there is a enviromental impact of fast fashion which often ends up in lanfill sites. Synthetic(man made fabrics) dont decompose. So how could I not become involved it is good for the enviroment and for a good cause.



Emma Cooney the manager at the store wanted to promote the shop as a fashion destination while pushing the recycling ethos at the heart of the oxfam even further. The charity works in more than 70 countries to alleviate poverty and suffering around the world.So I am very excited to be involved these are two of the bags that I made for the shop One from a flared skirt the other from a old suit.

No comments: